Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I won!!!

I won,I won,I won,I won,I won!!!!!


Can you tell I'm excited? I entered a contest that was ran by Clarian Health called "Photos for health". The basics of the contest was to submit photos that are calm and relaxing to add in the healing process. I entered close to 30 pictures all kinds of different things and i would check in from time to time but to be honest I thought that I was getting my butt kicked. I guess this is what I get for thinking. Here is the email that I got last night at 10:49 PM:

Dear Ryan Baxter,

Congratulations! Your photo has been selected to be displayed at Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center. Your participation in Photos for Health will help to create a healing and welcoming environment for patients, families, health care professionals, and the community Clarian Health serves. Thank you for taking the time to submit your photography, it will be appreciated for many years to come.

You are invited to a preview tour of Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center. Many of the photos will be displayed in non-public areas of the IU Simon Cancer Center. This is your opportunity to go behind the scenes and view your framed photography. We will also have a special gift for you.

When: Saturday, July 26, 2008 Where: Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center 535 Barnhill Drive Indianapolis, IN 46202

We are interested in learning more about your experience with Photos for Health. When you RSVP, please let us know if you are interested in sharing your story with us.

Thank you again for your beautiful submissions!

Sincerely,
The Photos for Health Team
A division of Jacqueline Buckingham Anderson LLC

I saw the email when I woke up today and woke up my wife to let her know and i have been walking around like I was in a dream all day. By the way here is the winning photo:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, that is so cool! :O) Congrats! I think I would be on cloud nine also. The picture is really beautiful. Very awesome! ~Tammy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ryan I didn't know. You forget to tell your sister important info at times. Way to go!I am so proud of you for finding something that you love to do and being able to do it with style. Melanie

Ryan Baxter Photography