Thursday, August 7, 2008

EXPLORE!!!!

Everest has been surmounted, the moon landed has happened, man has conquered flight and all of the pale in comparison. OK, I might be overstating it. None the less, I have finally got a picture on FlickR on Explore.

Explore? Yeah, it basically means that one of my pictures was 1 of the 500 most interesting photos uploaded on a particular day. Now, when you think about the fact that this picture was among the millions uploaded each day and then it was selected it makes it feel like a real honor to be selected. I was not the most interesting of the day I ranked in at #474 out of 500. When I saw it, I got cold chills.

I want to thank Lana's friend (Sorry, I don't know her name) for being honest and telling me that I was getting predictable and stale with my shots and Lana for being her voice. I have been pushing much harder since that day and I will continue to do so thank you both.

So the picture that got selected was taken at the Night Glow at the Indiana State Fair, which is an annual event in which they line up the hot air balloons that are going to race the next day and give opportunity for the public to get up close and personal with them. All the balloons are tethered to the ground so that you can get up close for some great shots. They do this at dusk so you get to see the balloons light up or glow. I was with a Photography group that I met though FlickR. They are great group of people and I look forward to more events in the future with them.

The here is a link to the FlickR page to see more of these pictures.

No comments:

Ryan Baxter Photography