Thursday, August 28, 2008

Grandma "Betty Jo Davis"


My loving and perfect Grandma passed away Tuesday morning in Bradenton, FL. She has gone to be with the Lord and is truly in a better place.

She has been fighting cancer for the past two years and according to her accounts never had a bad day. She was a rock and never wanted us to know that she was hurting. The family knew that she was in pain and we are glad that she is no longer suffering.

I was a 2 yr old little boy when I made a quote that has stayed with me for my entire life. I was so excited about being at my Grandparents house I couldn't wait for them to get out of bed. I ran in to the room and jumped up on top of my Grandma and said "Up Mamaw, pretty outside!" I have heard this story on almost every visit I have had with my Grandparents since I was 2 and I used to think I would never live that down.

Now all I can think is that I wish I could say it just one more time to her, so now I'm going to have to do it in this forum. Up Mamaw, pretty outside! Enjoy your time with God!

Love Ryan

No comments:

Ryan Baxter Photography